The inside is super moist and flavorful with the addition of nonfat Greek yogurt and mashed bananas. Plus, this is a bread you can feel good about eating for breakfast. I had three slices this morning, drizzled with a little honey. You could even add some whole wheat flour to make it even more wholesome.
I cured my banana bread craving, and used up those sad little peaches. Talk about killing two birds with one stone!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, plus extra for dusting
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1 cup finely diced peaches (about 2 peaches), plus about 8-10 thin peach slices
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons for topping
- 2 tablespoons butter, browned or melted (I love browned)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain or vanilla greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together mashed bananas, butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar until well combined. Add vanilla and egg whites and whisk again until well combined. Whisk in diced peaches. Add in dry ingredients and yogurt alternatively, folding together well combined.
- Pour batter into loaf pan. Top with thinly sliced peaches and sprinkle 2 tablespoons of brown sugar over the top. Dust lightly with cinnamon. Bake for 60-70 minutes, or toothpick comes out almost clean in center.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan, then remove from pan gently and transfer to wire rack. Cool completely. Cut into thick slices and enjoy!